Sunday, July 13, 2014






From: Brittney Tidwell (brittney.tidwell@myldsmail.net) This sender is in your safe list.
Sent:Thu 2/20/14 9:27 AM
To:C Tidwell (callitidwell@hotmail.com)

BERT ALERT!!!!!!!!!

So the MTC isnt too bad, I have a lot of fun with the girls in my district. But I hate sitting for sooooo loonngggg. Sometimes i start to just go crazy and start laughing for no reason....i think my district thinks I'm really weird.  The best part about west campus is that everyone over here is going on a spanish speaking mission so everyone talks to each other in spanish. Its kind of awkward though because i am in the habit of saying "Hola, Como Esta!?" to everyone that passes by so when i go to main campus i say that to people on accident and they give me weird looks because none of them speak spanish.

So the spanish is coming, slowly, but its coming. I teach lessons in spanish almost everyday but i usually have notes about the majority of what i want to say but On monday we were all sitting in class and then this teacher walks in and tells us that we have to go to TRC and teach these people who may or may not be real investigators and we have to go in 5 minuntes so everyone starting freaking out. and some girls started crying because we didnt plan anything for it but i was just like "oh well, YOLO!" and the lessons actually went a lot better than i thought. I remembered a lot more spanish than i thought i would which was good because my companion was having an anxiety attack over it! 
The branch presidency always has to have interview with us like twice a week and they always ask me if i am stressed out yet or anything. I'm glad that I learned the concept of Yolo before i left on my mission, because the other girls in my district get SO stressed out over the lessons and stuff and want them to be perfect, and I just plan it the best I can and then just laugh at myself when I say everything completely wrong (which is most of the time). In the MTC you really just have to either cry or laugh because you are always being put in situations everyday that you can't be prepared for and actually make you feel really awkward. 

So the stake president told me that i would be the peacemaker among my companions when i was on my mission even in the MTC and i was not very excited for that, but its definitely happening. I love the girls in my district, they are so awesome. But One of the girls has been having a really really hard time ever since she got here. She seriously has a break down almost everyday. But she talks to me a lot about it and she said that she is glad that i talk to her because she thinks the other hermanas dont like her. So thats been fun. But its ok, She is awesome too, she just doesnt like the MTC very much. 

The best part about the MTC is that they have these super delicious muffins...i have one seriously almost everyday....im gonna get so fat here. Its gonna be awesome. 

Oh! another cool thing is that Elder Holland came to the MTC! he didnt actually give a talk though because his son was the one giving a talk and he just came to watch him but it was still really cool that he was there! It reminded me of when i ding dong ditched Elder Oaks. But i decided to be in the choir when Elder Holland came because everyone said it would be an awesome opportunity, but I pretty much just lip sang the whole time because they only had a spot left for my to be in the sopranos and they sing SO DANG HIGH! It reminded of the scene on Shrek when Fiona sings to the bird higher and higher until the bird's head explodes. I felt like my head would explode any second when I was trying to sing that high-pitched. 

But Elder Holland's son gave a really good talk about Joseph Smith's life and his journey with his family to Palmyra, I guess they were super poor and Joseph Smith got left behind on accident and almost died. I didn't know that before. It was really good though. The devotionals here are THE BEST! 

The best thing about being a missionary is that it feels like I get answers to my prayers a lot more quickly than before. I feel like I have a lot more power to get revelation then before and I love it. We get to role play as investigators sometimes and they are suppose to be based off of real people we know and even though its a role play, the missionaries here are so inspired that I get answers to my prayers about how I could help the actual people that I am acting as when the other missionaries teach me. There are like little miracles that happen everyday. Like I get to eat Tater Tots for breakfast almost every day!

Well thats really cool that you and Janae get to volunteer and the temple every week and that you get to answer people's questions! You are a missionary just like me! :)

Well I love you Mom and I hope you are having an awesome week!
Love, Britt








No comments:

Post a Comment