Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hey Mom!
The MTC is pretty weird. I have P-days on Thursdays. It goes back and forth between being really really hard and really really awesome. I basically sit in one room ALL DAY LONG and study, which isn't too bad because I was used to doing a lot of homework at BYUI. The MTC is like a mix between efy, girls camp and BYUI. I am in a district with 8 girls (including me) and no elders. I thought I would hate being around so many girls ALL THE TIME but its actually been really fun. They are some super awesome girls who don't have any drama (except one Hermana, who cries seriously every day *Sigh* *eye roll*) My companera is named Hermana Naut and she is a convert of a little under 2 years. She is awesome and knows so much about the gospel especially for being a convert! The other Hermanas in my district are Hermana Corriveau, Hermana Platt, Hermana Lakin, Hermana Johnson, Hermana Capener and Hermana Peterson. They all pretty much rock. They are all going to Cuernavaca like me except Hermana Lakin, she is going to Scottsdale Arizona! which I'm really sad about because she is SOOO AWESOME! so if you are ever in Scottsdale in about 5 weeks and see a sister missionary named Hermana Lakin, have her over for dinner or something because she rocks. 
So I have given 5 lessons already to a fake investigator named Andrea from Argentina, all of them were entirely in spanish.....and let me tell you something, I don't know what language I was speaking but it sure as heck was not Spanish! But Andrea understood somehow...so that was pretty cool. By the 5th lesson we committed her to being baptized which was pretty cool because she didn't commit to being baptized for any of the other Hermanas. So I am living up at west campus which is for spanish speakers only, which I like better than main campus because you have a lot more freedom and everyone talks to you in Spanish. 
I play volleyball every single day here. Its pretty fun, but its actually really scary! All the elders are so sick of being in the classroom studying all day so they just go crazy!!! There has been two people with broken arms from it already and Hermana Platt got a concussion from being hit in the head with the ball! its truly terrifying. But don't worry, I'm pretty good at dodging the ball ;) 
Its been pretty cold here, I hate the cold... but its been getting warmer, its been raining instead of snowing so that's good. But you don't have to send me anything, my suitcases already have too much stuff in them :P 
They have some really awesome devotionals here that we go to on sunday and tuesday nights. We also watched this video of this talk that Elder Bednar gave at the MTC a couple of years ago called the Character of Christ. I think you can only watch it at the MTC but you should look for it and see if you can find it because its really good! So my day pretty much consists of waking up, getting ready, going to breakfast then studying for about 3 hours then going to lunch then playing volleyball for about an hour then teaching lessons and studying for another 3 hours and then going to dinner and then having language class and doctrine class for another 3 hours then planning then we get to go home. So its a lonnnggg day. #MTCprobs
 

Well I love you a lot and I hope you have a good week!
 Love, Britt

(p.s. I have some pictures to send you but for some reason the computer I am using won't let me upload them so I will send them to you next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment