Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 3

Hey mom!
SO this week was kind of crazy, On sunday i was sitting there in sacrament meeting and my branch president gets up and announces that Hermana Tidwell is giving a talk in spanish..... yeah that was awkward. I just stared at him like... "umm... WHAT!?" but he just stood at the pulpit and waiting for me to go up there, so yeah i gave a talk in spanish
Basically what i've realized is that in the MTC, right when you think you are prepared and got this thing wired....they make you do something like... give a talk in spanish.

 I made a new best friend! the bus driver! His name is Randy, I told him all about how my grandpa is a bus driver but he doesnt have any teeth but he still likes to eat fried chicken. Randy didnt appreciate me comparing him to my grandpa though. haha but we are still friends. I ride the bus up to main campus for devotional and i sat right behind randy the whole time and talked to him about Chia pets. After devotional we were kind of late so me and the other 7 girls in my district were running to catch the bus back right as it was leaving...so we missed it and we were kind of freaking out cuz we didnt know what to do but then, low and behold, Randy came driving his bus around the corner and i just screaming "RANDY!!! YOU CAME BACK FOR US!!!!!" haha it was so funny, Hermana Corriveau was laughing so hard, she peed her pants...like she literally peed her pants. 

So on monday My whole zone decided that we were going to have a spanish only day, and we couldnt speak english at all. And if someone did speak english they had to carry around La Roca De Verguenza (the rock of shame) and its a HUGE rock....so no one wanted to speak english. So we were going pretty good with not speaking english until gym when we were playing volleyball and my companion got a concussion. Which is an even bigger deal then usual because she has had 4 concussions already that were hospital worthy...so yeah it was bad and we had to go to main campus for a few hours so we could see a doctor.... so that was fun.

On Tuesday Hermana Platt was acting kind of weird, she was wearing her huge winter coat and furry boots and gloves when it was seriously so hot outside,but she kept saying she was cold and didnt feel well and we didnt know what her deal was. But we had to go to main campus for tuesday devotional so we decided that we should probablytake her to go see the doctor just in case, well we get there and guess what!? She was a 104 degree temperature and her heart beat was like way fast! So they had to take her to the emergency room!!! My district is dropping like flies! The poor district leaders have never given a blessing before the mission, and let me tell you, they are definitely pros at it now! haha

So one of our investigatory, Luisa is like this old lady who always falls asleep on us during the lesson. Its super awkward, she just passes out, sometimes when shes in the middle of reading a scripture, she just passes out! So yesterday when we taught her, we made her go for a walk with us so she couldnt fall asleep. haha that lesson went a lot better!
The other investigator that we are teaching is Meagan, this 16 year old girl who doesnt have any friends in highschool....so..its pretty easy to connect with her ;)

So i think thats pretty much all that happened this week for the most part, Time here is weird, its like i cant believe its already Pday again but then when i sit here and try to think of what happened this week, i cant remember what i did, I write it my journal every week so ill remember, and also so i wont go crazy and be like "WHAT DAY IS IT!?"

Haha by the way, Hermana Corriveau hates Pday because every time she just gets a new email of some more of her friends that are engaged haha

Well i hope you are having an awesome week! I sure love you a lot!

I would like my ipod before i leave the MTC though because i think it will probably get stolen if you try to send it to me to mexico. I basically just want piano music (like hyms) and girls camp music and efy music. My favorite hymns are How Great Thou Art and Be Still My Soul.

Love, 
Hermie Tid

P.S. I'm Flying to Las Vegas Tomorrow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment