Sunday, July 13, 2014

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 06:49:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Week #3
From: brittney.tidwell@myldsmail.net
To: callitidwell@hotmail.com

MOM!!!!
I LEAVE FOR MEXICO ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!  I get to the airport at around 6ish in the morning on monday and then i have a lay over in Georgia (i dont know why, it doesnt make any sense) from 2-4ish so i should be calling you guys around those times! (by the way can you put more money on my card cuz we are suppose to have $200 for flight fees- i dont think we'll use it but they want us to have it just in case)

 Also i found out that they have this think here where you just put all your stuff in a box that you dont want to take on your mission and you put your name on it and someones phone number and then the people tht work at the mtc call the phone number and that person just comes and picks it up, and they will tell you where to pick it up and all that jazz. So i think i am just going to do that with my coat and some other stuff that i dont want to take. So i'm just gonna put Grandma Tidwell's phone number on there so tell you to expect a call, unless you want me to put someone else number

So the funniest thing happened yesterday. One of the hermanas in my district got these fake mustaches in the mail from her mom so we were trying to find a good use for them so we all brought them to class one day and when my teacher was turned around writing something on the board we all put them on and i went "Hermano Chatterly, I mustache you a question" He turned around and saw that we were all wearing mustaches and just had this look of unbelief! hahaha then he goes "This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me!" hahahha it was AWESOME!!!!! We missionaries have to find creative ways to entertain ourselves here. 

Also another awkward thing that happened this week is that we play volley ball every day and yesterday was the last day we could play (cuz we have to get ready to go to mexico) so we were all playing hardcore and then the couch guy says its the last serve so we all got super intense and the ball was coming over the net and i was thinking "I totes got this! YOLO!' and i jumped up to spike it over the net and it was all in slow motion (because that how intense sports moments happen) and I TOTALLY MISSED!!!!!!!!!!! and my arm got stuck in the net and i heard the ball drop behind me and i turned around and everyone in the whole court was laying on the floor because they were laughing so hard! And then i realized that i was attempted to hit the ball with my left hand and this hermana goes (in between her tears and laughter) "Are you even left handed!?!" 
yeah...it was embarrassing....I defintely didn't inherit your volleyball spiking skills.

So i took a spanish language assessment a few days ago and i acually got a pretty good score on it. i got a 4.75 (7 is a native speaker) but i think it might be rigged because i still feel pretty white and definitely not like I speak spanish very well. So we'll see how it goes when i get to mexico!

I'll get on email a little bit later today for a few minutes since you didnt get the chance to email me back. but i love you! have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment